Wednesday, October 17, 2012

YAA Soundtrack: Graffiti Moon

By Noelle

If you scroll through my favorite books on Goodreads, chances are I have a soundtrack for them on my iPod.  And like any music-obsessed person, I live to force my favorite songs on others.  For any other playlist aficionados out there who enjoy making and listening to book-themed soundtracks, you've come to the right place!  We will occasionally be posting links to playlists from my personal soundtrack collection. 


Oh, Graffiti Moon.  I love you so.  With this soundtrack I mostly went for a fun night of adventure theme and tried to find songs that are bittersweet, hopeful or full of sweet anticipation.  Hope you enjoy!

Take a listen to the grooveshark playlist or check out the track listing and liner notes below:


1. Some Nights - fun: Yup. Starting out with the most overplayed song on the radio right now! Posting these playlists 6-8 months after I originally make them is really working out for me.  (True story: this just came on my work's Light Rock, Less Talk station while I was writing this post.  Ag!)

2. Gentle Roar (Mylo mix) - Niki and the Dove 

3. Our Braided Lives - Matt Pond PA 
It must be you and me were made for night. / ‘Cause there’s streetlights showing off inside your eyes,
[...] Far below the
knowing ceiling sky / The night will end / The dark will leave.

4. Sail - AWOLNATION: This one is for Ed and Leo.

5. The Prayer - Bloc Party: My Lucy/Shadow (and his identity crisis) song.

6. Colours - GROUPLOVE

7. Paris - Kate Nash
You can stand on your own two feet, you can lead me through the streets
Pave the way, so we can dream dreams, no one else can see what you made me see
[...]

You said you'd lend me anything, I think I'll have your company 

8.Momentum - The Hush Sound: Reading the lyrics to this song has me convinced it could have been written about Graffiti Moon.  It's got references to it all--punches, the bike riding scene, FEELINGS.  Everything.

9. Embers - Just Jack: Noelle Trivia! This song has three of my favorite things in a song: violins, handclaps and a round.

10.  Young Blood (slow version) - The Naked and Famous

11. Shake It Out - Florence and the Machine 

Thanks for listening! Did I do it any justice?  Do you have any favorite books that are just dying for a soundtrack?


8 comments:

  1. I love seeing/hearing your soundtracks, Noelle! I think you've picked some great tracks for GM! Most of these are new to me but I am so happy to see that you've included Bloc Party & Kate Nash <3 <3 <3 This is going to get me through my work day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for following us on Grooveshark, Mandee! Glad I could help with the work day listening :D --N

      Delete
  2. Love this! Listening to this while I read blogs. Also, Groveshark is awesome! I've never used it before, but I'll certainly be utilizing it to make playlists in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it so much better than Spotify Heidi. It's just super easy. Let me know if you make any playlists. Thanks for listening :D --N

      Delete
  3. I love this! Well definitely come back for your playlist when I finally read Graffiti Moon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Belle! I can't wait til you read Graffiti Moon. --N

      Delete
  4. Yup...always great when one of your favorite songs gets picked up by every DJ and his half-sister and then they make you hate it. Ag indeed.

    I love Niki and the Dove - and this whole playlist. You should definitely do more of these! Those lyrics really are eerily appropriate to the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I *knew* it would too but I just couldn't help myself. I only listen to the radio at work and that's more easy listening if you will (and not my choice), so I'll miss some songs that get overplayed but dang it if it didn't show up on my work station too. Still. I'm stubborn. Haha. Thanks for listening Catie! We should totally do that boxset we were talking about *hint hint nudge nudge cough cough* :D --N

      Delete

We've just installed Disqus for comments. If you see this message, it means that Disqus has not loaded properly. BADLY DONE, DISQUS. You can either try refreshing the page to get to the Disqus thread or leave a comment here.